Now’s a good time to get rid of (eg special off) your dead stock.
From the Main Menu:
- 2 Stock Control, 3 Stock Maintenance, 1 Maintain Products in Bulk
NB: If this is the first time you are generating this report, press F3 [Add] and give your report a name that will be easily recalled, i.e. Dead Stock.
If you have generated and named this report previously, type in part of the report name, press Enter and select from the list displayed or simply press spacebar and Enter to see all reports.
If you do not wish to save this report, do not give it a name
- Press F8 [Dead stock]
- Into the ‘Enter days not sold’ box that appears enter the number of days you classify as dead stock (i.e. if 1 year (or more) worth of stock is too long to be sitting dormant then enter 365). This will automatically set all the other options required
- To remove items recently purchased (and therefore may not have had a chance to sell) into the “Not received within (days)” field (already highlighted) enter the number of days you classify as being new stock (i.e. if you consider any item bought within the last 3 months as new then enter 90 (Optional)).
- F12 [Accept Details] to compile the list
- You may choose to sort the list – F3 [Sort], then 1 [Alpha] or 2 [Dept/Alpha]
- Then view or print the list F10 [Other], P [Print Product List], F10 [View Report] and/or F12 [Print]
You could then use or reproduce this same Maintain Product in bulk list and set a (eg) 25% off special in bulk.
For help setting up special call one of the Toniq team on 033410195.