1. Is the CD prescription a triplicate form?
- Yes: Process manually
- No: The CD is an ordinary prescription form or fax thereof
2. Does the prescription form or fax have a printed barcode on it?
- No: The RX is NOT legal. Contact the prescriber for triplicate form or barcoded eRx
- Yes: Scan the barcode (or manually enter the number [SCID] under it) into the Patient/Rx area of Prescription Entry screen
3. Does the barcode scan or entry of SCID successfully retrieve the prescription data?
- Yes: Process electronic Rx by accepting/correcting data as it is automatically filled in on the screen. If the form was a FAX, you MUST still get the original.
- No: https://www.health.govt.nz/system/files/documents/pages/advisory_notices_bus002_cds_on_separate_pages_final_aug_2020.pdf
Paperwork requirements: when a controlled drug prescription is downloaded and processed, a copy is required for the batch sent to Wanganui. This must show repeat dispensing dates and any prescriber endorsements, you should photocopy the original. The original form should be kept on the pharmacy premises for 4 years.
Illegible barcode - If a barcode cannot be read due to poor reproduction it may be necessary to work with the relevant practice to identify what is causing the reproduction problem so that the problem can be resolved. We are told (by MOH) that often changing the settings on the fax machine will be all that is needed to fix the problem.
BUS002 - If the barcode scan results in an error message with a BUS002 code in the message, then the eRx is not (yet) in the cloud to be downloaded. If the Rx has just been created (in the last 10 minutes) it may be worth trying again in 5 minutes. If you then process the eRx manually ensure you link the SCID.
BUS003 - If the barcode scan results in an error message with a BUS003 code in the message, then the eRx either can not be locked or is locked by another service provider. If the Rx has just been created (in the last 10 minutes) it may be worth trying again in 5 minutes. If you then process the eRx manually ensure you link the SCID.
It is worth contacting us for help with resolution of any other error message.
It is worth contacting Toniq to help with the resolution of any other error messages.