Toniq Mobile is a licensed module which allows hand held stocktaking directly from an Android stocktaking device. The app will work on any android device like a smartphone, but there are screen and camera requirements which may not function as intended.
Android stocktaking devices such as the Honeywell EDA-51 have built in barcode scanners which can be configured to allow for an improved user experience when using Toniq Mobile.
Toniq Mobile can be downloaded and installed directly from the Google Play store
Android Device Minimum System Requirements
- Android OS version: 5.0 or higher
- Screen resolution: 1280x720 (16:9 screen ratio)
Mobile phone users please note:
Because of the wide range of android formats, devices and screen sizes, the Toniq Mobile app displays & keyboard layouts may vary. Users should also be aware that the camera ‘window’ (used to scan the bar codes) may temporarily obscure information that is permanently visible on a recommended, purpose-built stock taking device.
Android Stocktaking Devices
Honeywell ScanPal EDA50/51
Currently the Honeywell ScanPal EDA51 and EDA51 are the only tested Android stocktake scanning devices with Toniq Mobile.
NB: Please ensure the device has Google Services installed when purchasing. Without this option, you will not be able to download Toniq Mobile from the Google Play store.
Setting up Barcode Scanner on Honeywell EDA50/EDA51 Device
On the Honeywell device, go to settings, under Honeywell Settings, Scan Settings, Internal Scanner, Default Profile, Default page and select “Symbology Settings, Tick UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8 and EAN-13 and make sure "Send Check digit" is Ticked on each.
1) Go to Settings
2) Within ‘Honeywell Settings’ Press Scan Settings
3) Now tap on Internal Scanner
4) Tap on Default profile
5) Tap on Symbology Settings
6) Check if UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8 and EAN-13 are ticked
7) Go into UPC-A make sure it has the following ticked.
8) Go into UPC-E make sure it has the following ticked
9) EAN-8 and EAN-13 and make sure EAN-8/EAN-13 and "Send Check digit" is Ticked.
Setting up Carriage Return
To program a suffix on the Android device, follow the steps below
- Go to 'Settings'
- Within 'Honeywell Settings' Press 'Scan Settings'
- Press 'Internal Scanner'
- Press 'Default Profile'
- Press 'Data Processing Settings'
- Press 'Suffix Key'
- Enter one of the following options:
- Tap 'OK' to save the change.
- Reboot the device for the options to be installed.
10. Tap OK
Datalogic (Memor K)
On the Datalogic device, go to: Settings, Datalogic Settings, Scanner Settings, Symbology settings.
For each of the following barcode types, tap the name of the barcode, then enable Send checksum
EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E
When done, go back one screen, scroll to the bottom, and select Commit, then select OK.
If this step is not done, the device will lose these settings when it restarts next.
Walkthrough with screen shots
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap on Datalogic Settings
3. Tap on Scanner Settings
4. Tap on Symbology settings
5. Tap on EAN-13
6. Enable Send checksum
7. Go back one screen
8. Repeat for each of EAN-8, UPC-A and UPC-E
9. Go back to the Scanner Settings screen again, scroll to the bottom, and select Commit
10. Tap OK