Decide if all or selected patients are to receive the discount, then follow the relevant instructions.
Discount ALL patients
- 7. Admin
- 1 Setup
- 4 Standard price parameters
- Set CoPay adjustment to -5.00
- F12 Accept Details to save
This will automatically remove $5.00’s worth of co-payment from all Rxs. No further setup is needed and all Rxs (with co-payments) will automatically have co-payments reduced by $5.00.
Discount SELECTED patients
Setup and dispense a ‘fee’ medicine for relevant patients.
Setup the fee (once only)
- Go to 2 Stock control
- 4 Maintain medicine
- enter 99999301 to select a ‘medicine’ which Toniq has added to help with discounting. This will be named COPAY – DISCOUNT and have the following instructional dispensing note
- EDIT the ‘medicine’ to set the Retail Price to -$5.00, set Fee tick box, set No updates tick box, set Shortcut = copay, delete the dispensary note instructions and F12 to save
For an A4 patient who has 6 new Rx items with a $5.00 co-payment on each, dispense a quantity of 6 x COPAY - DISCOUNT to give a discount of $30.00.
A Dispensary Summary report cannot be run for a single medicine (or fee) but can be run for a medicine group.
- Go to 2. Stock Control, 9 Maintain medicine groups, Add
Set (medicine group) Name = Co-payment discounting and F12 Save
- Go to 2. Stock Control, 4. Maintain medicine, select copay discount, F11, F11, press spacebar to select Medicine group Co-payment discounting F11, F12 Save
- Go to 3. Reports, 1 Business analysis reports, 1 Dispensary summary
Run report for required date range setting Medicine group to Co-payment discounting